Catering and Food
If outside catering service is necessary, you will need to find a company to work with. Even if the facility does do the catering for you, you still need to do the planning.
- Arrange time to taste dishes and make decisions on what will be served.
- Determine if alcohol will be served and who is required to provide it.
- Note the need for tableware, glassware and other utensils from the providing company.
- Take into consideration your guests, what types of food do they need to have or are there any with special limitations.
- Make final choices on food choices and style (buffet, table service) at least two weeks in advance.
It is often a good thing to have a family member from each side of the family to aid in the decisions on food choices, especially if there are many cultural differences.